The McPherson Museum & Arts Foundation (MMAF) Executive Director is a full-time salaried, overtime exempt position under FLSA. Hours will vary as the duties of the Executive Director will not all take place within a 8-5 regular workday/week. The Executive Director will follow all procedures set forth in the Articles & Bylaws and report directly to the Board of Directors. All aspects of the Museum will be under the supervision of the Executive Director, who will be responsible for daily operations, financial management, fundraising and public relations, and will be required to make decisions in the best interest of MMAF while following set procedures. Salary & benefits are negotiable and will be determined based on experience and set forth in a contract between MMAF and employee.
• Business management (for -profit or non-profit) – 3 years or more.
• Fundraising – Endowment, Legacy and event oriented.
• Event Planning – Member events, community and income related.
• Museum management – preferred.
• QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
• High school diploma or GED.
• Preference to Assoc or BA in business admin, marketing and/or museum studies.
• Strong oral & written communications and reading skills.
• Ability to remain focused and be able to self-motivate and act independently while following set procedures and policies.
• General office duties and equipment knowledge.
• Ability to interact with donors, government officials, members, general public, organizations, community leaders and board members on a variety of levels.
• Problem solving skills and leadership skills for employees and volunteers.
• Valid Kansas Driver’s License
• Be able to sit and stand for extended periods, as well as occasional lifting (up to 20#), bending, crouching, squatting and other movements required to set up and move exhibits and functions
For more information contact Anna Ruxlow at 620.241.8464 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants shall provide a resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com by May 8, 2020.